News And Events
COMPOSITE REGIONAL CENTRE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Welcome to Composite Regional Centre, Ahmedabad
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, has set up Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development, Rehabilitation and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) in various states to provide both preventive and promotional aspects of rehabilitation like education, health, employment and vocational training, research and manpower development, rehabilitation for persons with disabilities etc.
The Composite Regional Centre (CRC) Ahmedabad has been established on 16th August 2011 under the administrative control of Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech & Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan), Mumbai, an autonomous body under Department of Empowerment of Persons with disabilities (D), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India, with
1. To serve as Resource Centre for rehabilitation and special education of persons with disabilities.
2. To undertake human resource development by training rehabilitation professionals, village level workers, multi – rehabilitation workers and other functionaries in Govt. and non – Govt. sector, required for providing services to persons with disabilities.
3. To undertake public education programs for creation of awareness in the parents and the community.
4. To undertake designing, fabrication and fitment of aids and appliances.
5. To undertake services of education and skill development leading to enhancement of opportunities for employment, rehabilitation, mobility communication recreation and integration in society.
6. To undertake research and development with specific reference to needs of diverse groups of people with disability, keeping in view the nature and severity of disability in the region.
7. To develop strategies for delivery of rehabilitation services suitable to the sociocultural background of the region.
8. To stimulate growth of services by encouraging and supporting voluntary organization, parent groups and self – help groups.
9. To establish linkages with existing medical, educational and employment services, following the principles of community – based rehabilitation and offer extension services in the rural areas.